Making me happy this week.
1) Finishing this book. YIPHEE.
OMG. It's taken me over 11 months to finish this book - this is unheard of. I bought it at the airport last year as my treat to take on holiday. I was so excited to read it, then I started it. Sorry Dawn, it just didn't work for me. Maybe my expectations were too high - but I didn't laugh once. I nearly cried a few times - it just never ended. Now, I do not like a book to beat me. Indeed, there are only 3/4 books that I have never finished. ("Robinson Crusoe" lives under the bath panel, "Mr Pip" - started about 5 years ago, just found in a pile - added back to the try again pile, something about a man and a devil, "The Book of Dave" - so very nearly finished but not been touched for many a year).
I just don't like books beating me. For many a year, I'd keep going as books weren't going to beat me. Then I decided life was too short and if I was really struggling, I could give up - but I have to REALLY not like it to allow myself to fail.
Still I "won" this time. Now, any suggestions of what to read next?
2) Tidying the house. I have been on a real tidy session this week. Bags to the charity shop, bags in the bin and recycling (paper bin full up). I am a hoarder but am trying to do something about it. When I look at any object my natural inclination is to put it to one side, "I may need it later". Well I am putting in a lot of effort to bin/charity/recycle or keep each item. To be fair, I have spent time tidying out cupboards to fill with things I am not ready to make a decision about but I have made a start.
3) Spending time with my family. Never a bad thing - shush Mum!
4) The first time a friend comes to stay - ok, so I am nearly 40 but am still excited to have a sleep over......... and it made me clean and tidy (nearly) the entire house. I must invite people for tea whilst it is clean and tidy. Anyone for tea? I may even bake a cake!!!!
5) Anni not being scared when said friend came to stay. There was a little bit of Grrrr -ing but quickly gotten over. Anni then became very friendly - I do so hope that this is a sign of things to come.