Monday 17 March 2014

Making me HAPPY last week

Ok, ok I am late with this post.  I admit I did consider posting last night but I was oh so tired.  So I sat on the sofa and vegged.

Making me happy this past week;

1) Cake!!!!  Making an (early) cake to celebrate A's birthday.  I couldn't get the sparklers to light at the same time - but I guess that means that we got twice the sparkle!!!




2) Birthday day out for A.  We went to Harrogate, sorry no more photos.  On the way back to the car we stumbled on a row of trees covered in fairy lights.  It looked so pretty and I so wish I had the proper camera with me.  We spent the afternoon in the Harrogate Turkish Baths.  I am not one for just sitting there really but I have to admit I did enjoy it in the end.



3) Lunch with G and what a lunch.  Am going back next week and I may NEED to have the same thing.  My friend G thinks that ducks are to be fed, whilst I disagree and think they make a mighty fine wrap - I even have an image of G in hysterics now as she imagines ducks making my wrap!!!!





4) Blue skies.  Welcome back.  Aldo see the sun shining off of the gold owl?  It was lovely, then it went behind a cloud and I nearly froze to death......




5) Hubby made it back to work.  Only for 1 day but it's a start.  Fingers crossed he keeps feeling a little better with each passing day.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered what kind of wrap your tame ducks were making - an edible one, or the kid of wrap for around your shoulders in the cool of the evening? Were they knitting it, or crocheting? Or is it woven in the finest of silks?

    Or did it have spots on?

    ReplyDelete