Monday 23 March 2015

Menu Planning Monday

Without going into details (as this is a food post) this weekend has not been a good one.  H has started new medication for his MS and the side effects arrived in full force on Friday afternoon.  He managed just under 2 weeks with only slight flushing and then it went wrong.  I think partly this is because he got blasé about how much he was eating - he needs to eat a lot with this medication.

So I have to put great thought into this menu - I need to get the right mix of protein, carbs and fat and since I am not a foodie, I have found it very difficult.  It also has to be easy as I am not a very confident cook :-)


Linking in with Mrs M www.athomewithmrsm.com .


Monday:- Chicken Fried Rice with Prawn Crackers
Tuesday:- Sausages & Mash with Yorkies
Wednesday:- Pasta Bol with garlic bread
Thursday:- Pizza Pita with Salad
Friday:- Fish Finger and Chips
Saturday:- Chicken in Oyster Sauce with noodles
Sunday:- Surprise

Let's hope I have got it right this time and I can then work on expanding my go to recipes.












8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great plan, I hope this week gets better for you and the menu helps x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, Finger's crossed and if not - at least I'll eat well!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time but the menu sounds yum. If you're looking for more nutritional info on the dishes you're cooking, the Good Food magazine website has loads of lovely recipes and a full nutritional breakdown - might be worth checking out?

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seren, I never think to check out foodie websites, must start to do so.

      Delete
  3. Well done for keeping on working on getting the right food for your husband, it is not easy to learn to cater for a health need so keep going and you will get there! As Seren said above, there are some great food blogs and websites which I hope can help you and as you do more cooking I am sure that you will grow more confident! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tend to get in the blogs I love and forget there is more information out there!

      Delete
  4. Aww I hope you manage to get your head round things, definitely use all the resources the internet and everything can throw at you! Looks like a tasty week, hope it goes well xx

    ReplyDelete