Sunday 8 March 2015

Being Thankful

I thought I'd change my regular Sunday post (there are only so many times that walking the dog, meeting a friend can make me happy).  I was thinking this over in my head last night and was eager to get writing, then we had a bad night and I've had a little cry and I wasn't going to bother.

BUT we all have bumps in the road and if I wasn't so tired with so much to get on with then I probably wouldn't even have had a cry, so I am trying to get back on track.

I am THANKFUL for my parents, supporting us as much as they do.  They drive me places when I need to go somewhere, they go with me if I don't want to do it by myself and they come and walk Anni with me so I get some company each week - though I suspect they'd do the latter anyway as they love Anni and love giving her back when she's all wet and muddy!!!!

I am THANKFUL that my Mum is still with us and we like spending time together.  A few years ago you would never have read that here, but times change and events change us and thankfully we came out as friends.

I am THANKFUL that I have Anni B.  She keeps me sane on a bad day and makes me laugh on a good day.  I swear she has a human brain in her head, at least she seems to when there is food about.

I am THANKFUL for my friends, they let me deal with H's MS (which can make me so unsociable), they drag me out when I'd otherwise stay home.  It doesn't matter if I see them every week, month or year.  They are still there.

I am THANKFUL that I have my crafts.  I think crochet has kept me sane.  When H is asleep at 8pm and I am sat alone with Anni curled up, I can crochet away and not feel too lonely.  Well, until she decides I've done enough and wants to put her head on my knee.............

I am THANKFUL that I love books.  I'd hate not to be able to read for any reason.  I can go to a charity shop and buy a book and I am happy.

and lastly, I am THANKFUL for my Hubby.  We may have an uncertain future with his MS (and I have to learn not to worry so much) but we have each other, a great sense of humour (and yes we need it), and love for each other.  I wouldn't swop you for the world- well I may hesitate if George Clooney arrives with a huge bag of chocolate oranges - but you'd understand that, wouldn't you?


2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that you have lots to be thankful for and am thankful that you are here and can keep blogging. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Amy. I am also thankful for all the blogs I have found!

      Delete