Sunday 2 November 2014

Making me HAPPY this week

It's been a lovely week this week.  We've had lunch outside (in late October) in the sunshine, new walks, decorating the kitchen and a fab day out in York with L.

In no particular order, making me happy this week;

1) Exploring new places in York with L.  It didn't start too well with having to stand up on the train from Leeds to York.  Since a car accident a number of years ago, I really struggle to stand for any length of time.  Then we went to the Chocolate Story to find out about the history of chocolate making.  The only downside was that it was half term so busier than usual but we did enjoy ourselves.  For more information see  York Chocolate Story  I did discover that the man who invented the chocolate orange (the best chocolate in the world - FACT) was shot in the war and was saved by his silver cigarette case - my heart nearly skipped a beat at how close we came to not having my favourite chocolate...........



2) Doing up the kitchen, another wall nearly prepared.  Thanks Dad you rock.  More to come this week - whoop.

3) Walking Anni in the sunshine, never a bad thing.  We've been in the woods again by ourselves and let another woman pat us (Anni, not me!).  She is getting a little braver each month!




4) Watching "Mrs Brown's Boys Da Movie" last night for date night.  To be fair, it's not the worlds greatest film (shock horror) but we did eat chocolate and laugh so it wasn't a bad night.


5) Trying a new recipe.  As you know I love to bake but not cook.  On Saturday night I made a cauliflower, potato and pea curry.  Not a great success but I am determined to get more vegetables into our diet.

6) My Dad photo bombing my selfie - though not sure he meant to do it :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment