Tuesday 14 October 2014

Erm making me HAPPY last week

It is so easy to post on a Sunday of all the things making me happy, it takes a real skill to drag it out and not post until Tuesday - really............. :-)  Not sure why it fails me some weeks.

1) Mum and Dad coming down for tea.  Which they brought - get in!!!!, along with homemade ginger biscuits- thanks Mum.


2) Sunday night Chinese takeaway.  H doesn't usually like Chinese and it was gorgeous.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

3) Reading some good books, though if they made me cry I am not sure they should be classed in the good category.  I am such a wuss when it comes to sad things.  The first book was "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs, set in New York and involving knitting - what's not to like? Well there is something but I shan't say what in case you want to read it.  The second fab book is "The One Plus One" by Jojo Moyes.  I do enjoy Jojo Moyes' books.  This one had me reading late into the night so I can read it quicker.

Have you read anything worth sharing recently?  Oh, and are you a real book or an e-book fan?  My head tells me that I can see the usefulness of e-books but oh I need a real book.  There is little better than going into a bookshop and coming out with a new book.



2 comments:

  1. I've read The Friday Night Knitting Club. I wasn't a big fan of it if I'm honest, I found it really hard going. I've just finished reading Midwives by Chris Bohjalian, I really enjoyed it, in fact, I usually only read when I go to bed but this had me so gripped that I read a bit on Sunday morning and couldn't put it down until I'd finished it. I'm hoping for an e-reader for Christmas so that I can read when I wake up during the night, I'm a terrible sleeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange that the same thing can bring out opposing opinions in us - it always surprises me when you read the same thing as someone and get such differing reviews of it. I couldn't put it down. Mind, I hated Dawn French's book "Dear Sylvia" with a PASSION and was so disappointed as it had great reviews. I shall add your book to my library list (when I've read a few books from the house!). Again, my head says that an e-reader is such a good idea, but I know it'd stay in the drawer unused. I'd rather get up with a book!!!

      Delete