My number 1 this week is still making me smile!!
1) Today, H and I wheeled him up to the supermarket in his wheelie. Now, it is a slow, long hill to get to the supermarket but that is not what has stopped us (me) so far. It's that not every kerb has a dropped kerb -so I have to lift a wheelie with a 12 stone (ish) man in it up and down the kerb. The worst one has a dropped kerb but it directs you out into oncoming traffic (backwards). I wish road planners had to actually think about these things. Anyway, back to the happy. We did it. We bought some lovely fresh bread and made it home. Neither of us can remember the last time he has been in a supermarket which didn't involve a bus ride (& I think we have only done that twice all year). I was hot by the time we got home - so no photo of a hot and sweaty me :-) We have agreed to do it again next time we have a dry day. No stopping us now...........
2) Girl's night at N's last night. It involved junk food, wine, music, gossip and friendship - what more could you ask for?
|V, N, D & I|
3) Finishing and posting a finished baby blanket. I really like the colours on this one and think an adult sized version will be added to my list of blankets to make. I hope baby Charlie loves it when he arrives shortly.
4) Meeting C for lunch. I bet it's been a year since we met up, and there really is no excuse, as she works in the town next to me. When I feel overwhelmed I tend to retreat into my shell a little, but I keep pushing myself and I do get there in the end. I loved the Turkish cafe C.
5) Finally getting control of my Diet Coke addiction. We bought water bottles which I have been refilling and keeping by my side at all times in the house. I have even gone and bought bigger ones today for in the house, and the original smaller one is to use on my travels. Since the little bottle arrived last week, I have kept to 1 can of DC a day, for me that is a real achievement. I am using dilute juices for now, but hope to ignore my hatred for water soon :-)
What's been making you happy lately?