Friday 7 August 2015

Day 7 - Looking Up

Hello,  What a fabulous day today has been.  I mean blue skies and sunshine all day - must make nearly a week of sunshine spread out over the year so far.

I popped into Huddersfield today.  I still get a shock when it costs me £4.70 to catch the bus somewhere and back.  I remember riding for pennies when I was a lass....ok so that's going back a bit.

The thing I love about living in my Northern town is how beautiful the buildings are.  I live nearest to Bradford (less said the better) but the buildings are gorgeous.  In Huddersfield today, I took the time to look at some of the buildings - not at the shop level but higher.  Could you even imagine building something like this these days???







3 comments:

  1. Living in Liverpool, it always pays to look up. The history of the city is writ large on the buildings. I know some are controversial enough to have people campaign for the carving to be changed, but I think they need to be seen and learned about in context.
    Modern buildings miss a certain charm, don't they, mostly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we do need to learn about our buildings and their histories, even the unpleasant ones - we need to see their place and learn to do better in the future. I do not like modern buildings usually - just boring.

      Delete
  2. So often we pass buildings without stopping to look at them properly. Looking up can widen your horizons.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete