Tuesday 21 January 2014

Do you give in or keep going?

I love reading.  I don't fell complete if I don't have at least one book on the go, maybe one in my bag, one by the bed.  A pile of charity shop finds to take on holiday so I can leave them and let others enjoy them too.  Books are great.  Except when they aren't.

I have been plowing my way through the following book.


I love Tami Hoag books so was really excited to treat myself to this book.  I was sadly disappointed and here lay my dilemma.  Should I ditch it or keep reading?  I hate a book defeating me and it has only ever happened twice so far.  Yup, I have only given in twice and stopped reading a book.  The first sticks in my mind and was "Robinson Crusoe" which currently lives in the void under our bath, where I threw it in a fit of disgust (apologises to whoever buys our house eventually!!).  I hate giving in and giving up. It's only a book, just words on a page but god when it just doesn't click it is so hard.

So what do you do - do you keep going with gusto, do you give in and move on or does it bug you so you slowly keep going?  I kept going, for  a week.  Books don't take me a week to read.  Arghhhhhh.  Have to say it's put me off Tami Hoag books for a while.

Am now reading fluff and enjoying it much more.  Phew.




1 comment:

  1. Every author can have an off day, an idea that doesn't work, something they've written for a different target audience. Life is too short. If you've tried and are struggling, don't waste any more of your time on it.

    After all, you could be crafting. ;)

    ReplyDelete