My good things for this week:
1) Helping in the wool shop yesterday morning. The reason I was helping isn't so great, but all was sorted and it feels good to be helping out someone in need. I am also working tomorrow and I am hoping it's helping C's life a little easier.
2) Dad was 70 this week. I think he was very happy with the bottle of something special we gave him. Mum's birthday was yesterday (I have a zillion January birthdays). To celebrate my brother, girlfriend, Mum, Dad, H and I went for a drink and then a meal at a fab Turkish restaurant. There is just one large step to get in and they put a ramp down and help push H up the ramp (it's pretty steep). There was a 70 balloon - which neither Mum nor Dad saw!!!!!, good company and fab food. It even tried to snow whilst we were out.
|H and I|
|Mum & Dad|
|Bro and G/F - taken in the pub, a converted chapel.|
3) Cake making- it didn't make me smile yesterday let me tell you, but it made my Dad smile and he started stealing the licorice allsorts straight away.
It was meant to be 2 layers of pink at the top and then 2 layers of red on the bottom but I failed big time with the red!!! I also didn't buy enough of the vanilla topping as I thought too much would make it sickly, which I maintain it would be sickly, however, I didn't have enough to make the cake pretty........ still it tasted nice (topping excluded).
4) Finishing the blanket for my s-i-l. So happy to be finished with this - start making one for myself tomorrow. Whoop. So excited.
5) New boiler parts- who would have thought that would be a cause for celebration!!!!! Sadly the heating does not seem to be working so well yet. I am hoping it's just taking time to warm up but I have a feeling something is not well with it all - ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH. Still I am thankful for the heaters Dad found and brought down (apparently Mum's idea- before she moans!!!).
Not making me happy this week?????
H was not hurt thankfully but is unsure about driving again - hopefully he'll change his mind. He's had to miss 2 days of work (so far) whilst we sort out another car. We'll see if he'll drive it when it gets sorted out.