Making me happy in the past (2) weeks are;
1) H having a week off. It was fab. It meant that he didn't go to bed at 9pm each night (and sometimes 8 or even 7). We stayed up late (H til 10!), watched programmes at 9pm (when most of the good ones are on), rented films, ate chocolate and just relaxed.
2) Going into a local town on the bus for lunch. Again, just getting out onto the bus with the wheelchair is a big deal for us. I know people in wheelchairs use buses by themselves and I take my hat off to you - I struggle big time to get the wheelie into the allocated spot without crashing into the sides or over someone's foot!!! I think wheelies should come with L plates.
3) My new lights. I was in Primarni returning some leggings (who knew that they made them for tall people too!!!) when I spotted the lights below - can you make out what they are? I also bought myself a new cushion with a sunglass wearing flamingo on too. Sometimes you just need something silly in your life.
4) Meeting up with N & D planning V & A's hen nights. Part of me is really excited to share in this night for them, and part of me shivers at the thought of it. I hate big events, too many people and way out of my comfort zone. I can't show photos of what we have made as you never know who may be reading this - be if either V or A are - be scared, very scared :-)
5) H giving up driving. He was finding it harder and harder to drive home at the end of the day so last week he rang up Mobility and handed back the car. We then started the process of applying to a scheme called Access 2 Work which helps with the added costs of travel for those who are unable to use public transport by themselves. This time, it actually worked out for us and it only took a week before we heard that they were willing to help with the costs - it's taken a load off of my mind I can tell you.
On another note - who couldn't love this loon (& my Dad isn't too bad either)??