Monday 29 August 2016

Making me HAPPY this week

It's been a long time since I've done one of my Sunday posts.  I have been making a (mostly) daily note in my journal of daily happies but I would like to get back to my weekly happy posts too.

Making me happy lately is;

1) Wardrobes!  After 5 months of living out of cardboard boxes it's been a relief to not only have wardrobes (took 3 attempts for IKEA to deliver them - grrrrrr) but I installed all the gadgets inside myself - go me.







2) Bestest neighbour ever.  Who knew that decorating and building furniture is so tiring?  In my previous life the men did that kind of work - I know, I know but I was more than happy to let them.  My neighbour (we were friends first) called today with a surprise bread delivery, wine was left in a bag over the fence and an hour later there was another knock on the door and there were 2 99's thrust at me from the ice cream van.  Who could hope for a better friend and neighbour?



Someone felt the need to beg.......


3) FINALLY getting round to decorating the spare bedroom.  It was dark blue when we moved in and felt so oppressive.  It's not finished yet but we have made a fair start on it.


Before
During

You'll have to wait for an after shot!

4) Paper straws - they just make drinks taste better.

Excuse the horrid wallpaper - the living room is the only room that hasn't talked to me.  I have no idea how to fix it, I just know being in it makes me feel sad.





7 comments:

  1. You have been mega busy. Love the wardrobe doors.
    Couldn't agree more about the paper straws.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the doors cost more than the chuffin wardrobes but hopefully they'll last a while! I think I may be getting addicted to different paper straws! How many is too many???? I only have 3 diff patterns - I think I have room for a few more :-)

      Delete
    2. just wait until you find christmas themed ones!

      Delete
  2. Busy time! But there is great power to be had in getting all those jobs and things done. And your neighbours are superstars! I love the blue pixie dust on the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I haven't achieved anything but at the same time I haven't stopped!!! It's weird. x

      Delete
  3. Good neighbours are so important, it must be miserable living next door to someone you don't get on with. It sounds like you've been very busy, but a good sort of busy, it's great when you see everything taking shape and all your plans coming together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spare bedroom is nearly ready - so exciting.

      Delete