Tuesday 19 January 2016

Selling the House

We accepted the offer on our house in early December.  We made and had our offer on our new place accepted later the same week.

We are now in the 3rd week of January and nothing seems to have moved forward.  Sigh.  Our boiler has decided now would be the perfect time to stop working.  Double sigh.  British Gas came down yesterday and quoted over £4k to replace it (that's the sale price!).  Triple sigh.  Although it is our boiler, we are hoping to be out within the next 6 weeks so are working with our buyer to find a solution.  H and I are hoping that the quote we get from a smaller company will be much more reasonable.

Our buyer was given our phone number to pass onto BG so we are now in contact and although it feels a little odd at times, we are talking to each other and know where we are in the scheme of things.  In fact, we are learning that things we are being asked "your buyers are demanding the answers to X, Y or Z" have certainly not been asked by our buyers.  You have to laugh.

Our seller (of the new house) is harder to deal with.  I don't feel like I should approach her and realise that she is doing her best, but with everything you can only move at the speed of the slowest person.  I am hopeful that she will catch up and we can finally have a completion date.

I am thankful that we only have 3 people in our chain, I am not sure I could handle a larger chain.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's just so frustrating Amy, but we'll get there.

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness what a pain. Moving is stressful enough without extra complications and expenses. I hope things get sorted soon.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I just want a date so we can get on with organising things, but so grrrrrr-y sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Dear Sally
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for some good progress. One day, all the grrr-aargh-yness will have been worth it.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie. We'll get there one day :-)

      Delete
  4. Hoping the move moves quicker.... patience is a hard quality to have, and moving house is a stress even if it goes so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it takes the time it takes. I am just aware that the house we are buying, already grotty is getting grottier by the day. I just want to get in and get on with it.

      Delete