Thursday 31 December 2015

Happy New Year

2015 is nearly over.  Are you celebrating tonight?

I am sat here with the dog snoring next to me.  It is 9pm and H has gone to bed for the second time today.  We hope that he will wake up about 11.30 and will be on his second or third wind and he will join me in a glass of something cold to welcome in 2016.  Otherwise it will be Anni and I cuddling up and Grrrr -ing at the fireworks.  We hate fireworks in this house :-)

2015 has been an ok year for us.  We had hope that a new drug would make his MS more manageable but sadly it did not work for us.  We can not complain, as we have been doing well.

We have not flooded, though the town down the road did.  The main road bridge in the town has an awful big crack down one leg.  I hope that it can be fixed and stay open.  We have been lucky.  Friends in different towns have watched the water rush ever closer, but most have escaped damage.

We have sold our house - though we are not talking about that.  Don't you hate miscommunication :-)
We have bought a bungalow and are raring to get in and get it sorted.

H has applied for ill health retirement.  We are awaiting decisions on this.  It won't help that paperwork has gone missing in the post and then his work shut down for 10 days for Christmas.

So 2016 will be a big year for us.  Leaving work, packing up a house, making another house into a home.  Having a garden for the first time, getting the greenhouse up (it's lived under the back bed for 3 years now) and growing veggies.  I am frantically using up all my nice bath products as the new house only has a shower - Grrrrr.  I am trying to get my Mum to swap her corner bath for a normal bath so I can go up for regular baths.  I could ring from the bus Mum and ask for you to get it running and open a bottle of wine - yes????????

I do not deal well with change. I kind of freeze and see a wall in the way.  Things take me a lot longer to get through.  However, I no longer fear change so if I have to get there a little slower, get there I will.

I have decided that I am going to have a word for 2016.  I am going for CONTENTMENT.  I will find it, I will accept it, I will love it.  I will be content.

Have ordered a new sofa for the new house, am needing to buy an old lady chair for D (why are they soooo expensive (& ugly)?

Now any tips of packing anyone?

I wish you a Happy New Year and may 2016 bring you happiness, laughter and lots of cake.











8 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you all.
    Lots of exciting times ahead. Having a garden will be a wonderful bonus.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait Lisa. I love growing things so am eager to get on and planting.

      Delete
  2. A word for the year is a lovely thought, and you picked a lovely one... have to give it a think or I might choose something like 'productive' or 'industrious' and end up too busy...

    Packing tips. Three passes; 1) things you won't need for ages... 2) Things you can live without for a few weeks (months) if you must 3)things you have lots of, half of them...

    Don't fill big boxes with books; you'll never lift them! Instead tie them in bundles and leave a carrying loop.

    Label what room things should end up in.
    Have a WANTED box with biscuits, diet coke, cups etc.
    Let people help. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have a small box for each room Gill. They will have a red cross on them. In the kitchen - DC, biscuits, mugs, milk etc. Bathroom - towel, soap, toilet roll etc. Then I am having one for my craft room - things that make me smile, I have knitted owls, flamingos and some fabulous flamingo bunting.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! I wish you all the best in your new home and hope that it works well for all of your needs and hopes. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. I think I will feel better once the surveyors come this week and we see if we still have to talk further. All seems so drawn out, so frustrating.

      Delete
  4. Contentment is good. And don't forget you can always use bath cream and bubble bath as shower gel, it's only bath bombs are useless in a shower.
    Good luck with the move and the new house. Homemaking is a good hobby, and won't it be good to have a garden again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using up the bath bombs first, then the nicest bubble bath. It is something I will miss so much when we move. If we win the lottery I will fit a bath in somewhere - even if it's in the middle of the living room....... :-)

      Delete